Customer Experience Director
We’re passionate about retail and the role it plays in people’s lives. We believe that every retail brand has the potential to thrive by creating remarkable customer experiences - We exist to help them do this. Customers’ needs haven’t changed, but their expectations have - dramatically. Retail brands must respond to this quickly, then adapt to stay relevant. We partner with brands to help them make sense of what this means for their businesses, then help them create digital experiences that meet these expectations.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Customer Experience Director to help us drive growth in an integral part of our business. This is a senior leadership role that will lead our Strategy and UX thinking and delivery. The role will be responsible for shaping and delivering the services we offer to our clients to help them define and create world-class customer experiences across online and offline channels.
Key Client Responsibilities
- Shape strategies across all aspects of our clients’ customer experiences and create experience models to communicate and frame them.
- Lead the delivery of projects that help our clients understand who their customers are, the motivations and need-states that drive their behaviour, the journeys they take to find solutions and identify opportunities to transform their customer experiences.
- Work with specialists teams and account leadership to identify transformational/CX opportunities for our clients and be instrumental in creating the right customer experience opportunities.
- Articulate identified CX proposition ideas based on these strategies and then help our clients define their digital roadmap to capitalise upon them.
- Lead the process to design and deliver new digital products and services to help our clients deliver transformational change to the customer experiences they provide and their businesses that meet customer needs.
- Lead the Customer Experience Optimisation service we provide to our clients, ensuring this is underpinned by the same level of challenge and strategic thinking to ensure this service continues to develop and evolve.
Key Business Responsibilities
- Continuously monitor and capitalise on trends in customer behaviour, user-centred design and the way we gather and use first-party and third-party data to constantly improve our services.
- Develop intellectual capital that demonstrates the organisation's point of view on customer and client experience and emerging trends.
- Own, constantly challenge and improve our customer research & insights processes to ensure we deliver the best insights to our clients in the fastest and most cost-effective way, stretching beyond the practical needs to emotional needs and understanding customers’ search for meaning.
- Manage key workstreams in accordance with established budgets, work plans and quality standards and make project-specific resource allocation decisions, whilst demonstrating measurable value and ROI and satisfaction for our clients.
- Responsibility for the quality and profitability of client CX deliverables and the overall profitability of our Strategy and UX services, driving improvement, efficiency and effectiveness into all methodologies and deliverables.
- Provide direct leadership and influence leadership to both internal and external client teams, whilst providing strategic design insight and bring this to life and developing a user-centred design practice.
- Manage directly the CX Team, consisting of Customer Research & Insight, UX Architecture, Optimisation specialists and UI Design and FE Development, taking responsibility for their career development, develop the processes and tools they use to achieve maximum efficiency and sustain deliverables of world-class quality.
- Participate in developing new business opportunities and leads, identify organic growth opportunities within projects and existing client relationships.
- Support the conversion of these opportunities through the creation and delivery of presentations, leading and delivering client pitches, proposal writing and negotiation.
- Act as practice expert/thought leader in new business efforts.
- Represent Biglight within the industry and be adept at turning those opportunities into business growth opportunities.
- Participate in managing the growth and innovation funnel process to identify, analyse, evaluate and champion growth initiatives that will deliver significant future enterprise value.
Essential skills and experience
- A breadth of previous experience (10 years +) as a Strategy or CX Director, involving the delivery of customer and market insight, experience strategy, content strategy, digital product and service design and the innovative use of technology to create and enhance customer experiences.
- Solid experience of developing strategic insights for clients using customer and competitor research and analysis, benchmarking studies and analysis and audit methods, whilst working wiIth and leading multidisciplinary teams, maintaining engagement and ensuring project momentum.
- An ability to develop detailed requirement documents and identify and translate market requirements into the goals of digital products and services we are asked to create.
- Ability to synthesise information quickly and apply this deftly through a combination of wisdom, foresight and experience.
- A central source of knowledge in UX and interaction design best practices in research, design and validation and the use of ‘lean’ or hypothesis led approaches to lead strategic thinking, design and engagement, ensuring all work is insight-driven and rooted in real, human behaviour.
- Solid experience of the intricacies of A/B testing approaches and techniques, and an understanding of the software tools used to deliver it, such as Optimizely, Qubit and Monetate.
- Strong written and visual communication skills. Our leaders should be inspiring, persuasive and informative. You should be able to excite our clients with your passion and knowledge and be confident as you ask tough questions and challenge the status quo.