Biglight is an Experience Design Agency that helps brands shape digital transformation strategies that are rooted in a profound understanding of customers needs. We design distinctive and engaging digital experiences that meet those needs and deliver business growth. To do this we balance our curiosity and creativity with data, insight, experimentation and measurement.
Biglight's clients include Asda, Boden, Halfords, The North Face, Timberland, Vans and Wilko.
We have our own in-house UX labs with the latest eye tracking equipment and work with the world’s most advanced and sophisticated analysis, testing and personalisation tools, to balance brand creative with results and to ultimately create remarkable customer experiences for our fantastic clients.
We are looking for a middleweight UX specialist with a proven background in UX and a passion for human-centred design. The ideal candidate will be proficient in the various UX techniques required to identify user issues and uncover the biggest opportunities within the customer journey. They will also be a talented problem solver who is able to create powerful hypotheses and potential solutions to the opportunities uncovered.
You will have proven experience of conducting and observing users in research sessions, carrying out heuristic reviews as well as a strong knowledge base gained through education and/or self-learning.
To be a great UXer you also need excellent soft skills. We’re looking for someone who is confident presenting research findings and new ideas to clients, basing your rationale on solid evidence, data and knowledge of user behaviour from your wider experience.
Curious to know more? Get a feel for what we do with our intro video: https://vimeo.com/239024452
What you’ll do on a day-to-day basis
- Work collaboratively within a Squad which also includes a Visual Designer, Optimisation Analyst, Developer and Project Manager. Each Squad is responsible for the continual improvement of the customer experience for 3-4 clients.
- Create experience design recommendations and A/B test ideas based on behavioural, heuristic and data analysis, that align with business objectives
- Produce sketches/wireframes/prototypes etc. to illustrate recommended new journeys and experiences using a variety of tools.
- Convert these recommendations into experiment hypotheses and test plans.
- Carry out heuristic reviews of live websites / journeys alongside other supporting insights and data to uncover opportunities for improving the experience.
- Set up and lead all types of research activities such as usability testing studies, groups research sessions, remote testing, surveys etc.
- Write recruitment briefs based on information from the client and the objectives
- Observe / collaboratively note take with clients and Moderate usability testing research sessions in our dedicated labs
- Analyse results from research, data analysis, surveys and A/B testing results and create practical recommendations and hypotheses to take into prototypes and further A/B testing.
- Write findings reports and/or presentations, confidently talking through the results to clients.
Experience, skills and professional attributes:
- Very good understanding of the UX principles and methodologies including user research and the Lean UX process.
- A passion for problem solving.
- An experimentation mindset - always looking to solve customer problems in a more effective way. Never satisfied, and always trying to do things better than the last time. Not afraid of taking risks and trying out new ideas.
- Ability to be unbiased and objective when it comes to the analysis of research findings and data insights
- Good sketching (pen & paper), wireframing, prototyping skills
- Commercially aware when it comes to UX. E.g. able to understand the clients’ business objectives.
- Ability to present and talk through findings and design rationale to clients
- Ability to critique website journeys and confident enough to point out potential opportunities for improvements on-the-fly in front of clients
- A strong understanding of ecommerce user journeys would be advantageous.